Drink driving in Queensland is a serious offence and there is a no tolerance attitude by the courts, if you are ‘over the limit’ you will be charged and you must receive some period of disqualification
It may be possible for you to apply for a work licence but this must be done at the time you appear in the court to plead guilty, it cannot be done afterwards. Please see our section on work licences for further information.
Well thought out submissions and arguments before a Magistrate can in our experience significantly reduce the length of your disqualification. There are a number of factors that can lead a magistrate to impose the lowest penalty possible, we know them all. Visit our drink driving page for more information.
Drug driving is becoming more common on Queensland roads.
There are two possible drug driving charges in Queensland either;
- driving whilst a relevant drug is in the system; or
- driving under the influence of a drug (“DUI”)
In essence driving with a relevant drug in the system is similar to low range drink driving while driving under the influence of a drug is similar to high range drink driving.
How do I get more help or engage you to act for me?
We have been operating since 2010 and undertaken thousands of cases throughout South East Queensland.
If you want to engage us or just need further information or advice then you can either;
- Use our contact form and we will contact you by email or phone at a time that suits you
- Call us on 1300 952 255 seven days a week, 7am to 7pm
- Visit our main website page
Need more information?
We have a range of articles on drink driving, drug driving and work licences on our blog. Some of the most recent have included:
- Top 5 Drink Driving Myths
- The Essential Guide to Obtaining a Work Licence
- Drink Driving on a Lime Scooter
- How Drink Driving Matters are Heard in Queensland
- What happens after your drivers licence is disqualified?
- Refusing a Breathalyser Test in Queensland
- Can you commit a drink driving offence in your driveway?
- Immediate suspension for drink driving
- Case Study - High Range Drink Driving and Disqualified Driving
- Three High Range Drink Driving Charges
- Special Hardship Orders v Work Licences
- High Range DUI
- Going through a drink driving charge in Brisbane Magistrate Court
- DUI Charges
- Drug Driving Charges Skyrocket
- The Different Types of Drug Driving
- Negotiating with a Prosecutor in Queensland
- What is a QP9 and why is it important to your charge?
- Drug Driving on Synthetic Drugs